What could be more perfect to start off your weekend, than a collection of great '60s music. Not your typical worn out classics, no sir, but some great seldom appreciated songs. In this episode, you will hear from: Fapardokly, The Bee Gees, Lord Moss & The Moss Men, The Twilights, Julie Felix, The Remnants, Markley, The Golliwogs, The Baroques, The Sundowners, and Serge Gainsbourg and Bridget Bardot. (a request) If you have any comments or requests, please write to me at jwitty@sympatico.ca
*Download Links*
Mediafire
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fe603322c7f567ccd2db6fb9a8902bda
Megaupload
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3LZVZ4SY
Zshare
http://www.zshare.net/audio/5418522853393a19/
(Just copy and paste any of the above links to donwload this episode.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Very nice to hear "Wine and Women." The Bee Gees' early work is very good, yet unfortunately quite overlooked on oldies radio today. I really liked "Walking on the Water" as well; you can definitely hear the beginnings of CCR's sound there, and it has a bit of an Animals quality as well.
As always, an enjoyable show, Jim!
Thanks MusicGal..I agree that the early Bee Gees material is overlooked...I try and play it as often as I can..
Jim
OK Jim, my headphones are still smoldering from the scandalous "Je T'aime"! Serge Gainsbourg and Brigitte Bardot sure test the balance between popular and tasteful with this one! From what I read, "Je T'aime" was later rerecorded & released by Serge with Jane Birkin. The song reached #2 in Britain but was dropped by the recording label and even banned on the BBC for it's suddenly realized content. Then, another recording label took it back up to #1 in Britain.
Interesting how songs can be hits in some ways and yet shunned in other circles. Music is a powerful medium, and that too was a part of the 60s.
Thank you for bravely including it in yet another great show!
Ron
Post a Comment