Obscure music from the '60s

Obscure music from the '60s

Friday, August 15, 2008

Episode # 92 Now Posted!!!!

It's another Friday, and to help get your weekend off to a great start, there is another great episode of my show. A weekend would not be complete without some great music to accompany it. In this episode, you will hear from: The D Men, Fire, The Rogues, The BTB4, Simon & Garfunkel, The Flying Karpets, The Poppy Family, The Possums, The Knack, Houston Fearless, and The Troggs. If you have any comments or requests, please write to me at jwitty@sympatico.ca

*Download Links*

Rapidshare

http://rapidshare.com/files/137303294/Jim_s_Child_Of_The__60s___92__new_version_.mp3.html

Megaupload

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QPD59WE2

Zshare

http://www.zshare.net/audio/17037910d0ea69d2/

(Just copy and paste one of the download links above into the address bar of your search engine)

==a special thanks to Susan Jacks at http://www.susanjacks.com==

3 comments:

KwKidd said...

Jim,

Fandamntastic episode! Nice balance of music.

Hearing that very 'unplugged' acoustic recording of Simon & Garfunkel's "Sounds of Silence" was a pleasant surprise, and it's message survives to tell us "We must never just do nothing".

Susan Jacks' voice is as lovely as ever in doing the commercial for your show as well as "That's Where I Went Wrong". What a great person and artist!

The Possums picked a great band to cover in the Byrds! And, the Troggs' "Night of the Long Grass" is a haunting favorite.

Keep 'em coming!

jimmark66 said...

Thanks kwkidd. I have been a fan of Susan Jacks and the Poppy Family since I was 10 years old; and since I 'borrowed' my uncle's copy of their K-Tel Greatest Hits. It was kind of her to make that commercial for me. The Troggs made some great recordings, other than Wild Thing. I am glad you enjoyed the mix of songs, and it's great to hear from listeners like you. I enjoy your input.

Thanks

Jim

Johneboy said...

d/l-ing now, as i write this, Jim. I'm sure it'll be another one to make me groove.

Thank you!